Thank you so much to The YA Page for nominating me for this award! This is my first blog award ever so I’m super flattered and really excited about this honor!
The rules for the award are:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
I started blogging so I could share my daily life with my family who lives across the U.S. Over time, I began sharing my writing (poetry and short stories) and now the blog has evolved to include my love for books. I’m writing my first YA Fantasy book I love being a part of the book blogging community because it gives me a valuable perspective of what readers like and don’t like. Sometimes I think that I feel a deeper connection to readers because I am a writer; because part of the reason that I write is to be able to share it with others.
One of my biggest dreams is to be able to announce to the community of book bloggers whom I love and adore, that I finally did it, that I finally published a book and would they do me the honor of reviewing my book as well.
- Write what you love to write about. We all have that one true passion or even a handful of passions. Write about that! That is the perspective that needs to be seen in the blogosphere because it is uniquely yours. Give your audience the real you, the unfiltered you, the you that no one else really gets to see, show us your voice in your writing. We’ll love you for your honesty and authenticity, I promise.
- It’s never too late to re-brand. I started off blogging about a whole bunch of stuff and it was really confusing to my audience. They didn’t know what to expect of me. To top that off, I wasn’t writing about my passion and that showed in my writing. So select your niche and go all the way with it. Give your readers what they expect from your blog and be transparent about what you’re going to blog about when you do re-brand.
Tag! You’re It!
(If you’ve already done this post or don’t do tags then please disregard. Just know that I think you’re awesome and I love what you do!)
Jack @ Jack Flaco
Zezee @ ZeZee With Books
Aimal @ Bookshelves and Paperbacks
Flo @ Flowlessbooks
Jess @ Princessica of Books
Poppy @ Poppy’s Best Of Books
Ashley @ Words We Heart
Jordan @ The Musings of a Creative Writer
B R Sanders @ Clatter & Clank
Aria @ Aria Stuck in Wonderland
Bailey @ Planandread