Hello bookish and writerly friends!
Today I am sharing with you a new tag that I decided to create. It’s called The Confessions of a Writer Tag.
I got the idea for this tag from noticing that some of the book bloggers I follow are also aspiring authors. I also noticed that I rarely (if ever) get to see any updates on what these people are working on or what inspires them, etc. So I wanted to create a tag that would highlight the aspects of being a writer that don’t typically get explored in other book blogging tags. However, I also follow a lot of writers who do share their writing on a consistent basis, and though I’ve been following many of them for a while, I realized that I don’t know them as well as I’d like.
The Confessions of a Writer Tag is a ‘get-to-know’ the writer interview. It is an opportunity to showcase the person you either openly share with us all the time or the person we rarely get to see. In any case, my hopes for this tag are that it is a way to connect to other writers across the blogosphere, to share our experiences, and support each other through the creative process.
Here is a little blurb of what this tag is about:
The Confessions of a Writer Tag was created by aspiring author Nicolette Elzie. It’s a ‘get-to-know’ the writer interview tag, dedicated to spotlighting the creative process, works in progress, and connecting to other writers.
Here’s the button too if you’d like it:
How to Participate:
- Link back to this post, so that the original rules are always accessible to anyone who is curious and wants to participate!
- Acknowledge the person who tagged you in your post.
- Tag your friends and fellow writers – it’s up to you how many!
- When did you first start writing? Was being a writer something you always aspired to be?
- What genre do you write?
- Can you tell us a little about your current work in progress? When did you start working on this project?
- What was your first piece that you can remember writing? What was it about?
- What’s the best part about writing?
- What’s the worst part about writing?
- What’s the name of your favorite character and why? (This can be from a book by another author or from your own work. Book crushes are perfectly acceptable here as well.)
- How much time a day/week do you get to write? When is the best time for you to write (morning or night)?
- Did you go to college for writing? Or if you haven’t been to college yet, do you plan to?
- What bothers you more: spelling errors, punctuation errors, or grammar errors?
- What is the best writing advice that anyone has given you?
- What advice would you give to another writer?
- What are your favorite writing sites or blogs that you turn to for help, tips or encouragement?
- Besides writing, what else do you enjoy doing? What are your hobbies?
- What is the best book you’ve read this year?
- What is the best movie you’ve seen this year?
- What is your favorite book or series of all time?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What are your plans for the rest of the year in terms of your writing?
- Where else can we find you online?
So that’s it everyone, The Confessions of a Writer Tag, an original tag brought to you by yours truly! I hope you like it and will consider participating. However, since this post is very long, I will be doing my own confessions at another time.
Until then, I tag the following people to join me (and I’m sorry if I tag you and you don’t do tags!):
Chole @ Paint and Butterflies
Aria @ Aria Stuck in Wonderland
Sam @ Taking on a World of Words
Josie @ Josie’s Book Corner
Jesse @ Books at Dawn
Brett @ Brett Michael Orr
Jim @ The Creative Works of James Harrington
Jack @ Jack Flacco
Donna @ A Little Bird Tweets
Jordan @ The Musings of a Creative Writer
Bree @ Breeanna Pierce: Live. Learn. Write.
Mark @ Writing a Novel – My Journey
Andy @ The Wandering Poet
Niina @ Northern Chapters
Kennedy @ The Author Girl
Elle @ Elle Mar Author | Lover Of Alliteration
Del @ Del Nolan
Rohan @ Pint Sized Fiction
Jodie @ Jodie Louise
And lastly, I tag anyone who is reading this that would like to join in the fun!
Below are some writers who have done the tag, if you’d like to be included in this list on the masterpost just let me know!
Also, if you do the tag, please feel free include your link in the comments! I’d actually really love it if you did, so I can get to know you better!