I was nominated for the Siblinghood of the World Blogger Award by Aimal @ Bookshelves and Paperbacks. I want to say thank you to Aimal for nominating me for this award! She is amazing and I really love following her blog. Seriously, you should go check her out! Her questions for this were both really fun and incredibly challenging! It took me forever to come up with my responses, but it was so worth it because I came out of it with a new playlist, lol! 🙂
~ Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link back to their site
~ Answer the ten questions sent to you
~ Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
~ Nominate ten blogs
1. Pick one of your favorite books, and construct a playlist for it. Try to choose between 5-8 songs that fit the theme and tone of this book.
Gah!! This is seriously soooo hard for me! I make individual playlists for the characters in my WIP and that literally took me forever. I don’t even think I could do that for the whole book itself. This is seriously the hardest question, Aimal!!! You’re a genius though for thinking of this, because it’s so original! Okay….. let’s do this.
Favorite book: Unravel Me. So much of this book, for me, was a focus on the MC’s feelings towards the love interest. She’s unsure and at the same time she is captivated. She is dancing along a razor’s edge. For whatever reason, I chose songs that come from the love interest’s POV, how I imagine he must be feeling about the situation in general and about her.
Litost by X Ambassadors
Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran
Too Close by Alex Clare
One By One by Unkle Bob
All I Want by Dawn Golden
Unsteady by X Ambassadors
Dream by Imagine Dragons
I Won’t Fight It by Andrew Belle
2. If you could be best friends with one character, who would it be? Why do you think you’d get along, and what would you two fight about if there were to be fights?
I’d totally be friends with Deryn Sharp from the Leviathan series. I have an endless supply of love for that character. She’s a bundle of badass and awesome. We’d get along because I would support her endeavors to be an airman and I’d happily keep her secrets, that’s just how I do, *shrugs*. If we fought about anything it would be me basically complaining that she’s being reckless, because she totally is, and that I’d want her to be a little more careful. I’m a total worry wart when it comes to my friends.
3. If you could live in one fictional world, where would you live?
I had to go to my Goodreads page to try to figure this one out because I really had no clue. And then I saw Six of Crows and I was like, yep, that’s the one. I’d pick the Grisha-verse. Bardugo’s world is so rich and colorful and there are certainly imperfections in the world (which is demonstrative of the real world) and I think it would be pretty cool to be a Grisha.
4. Books have some of the most wonderful quotes among them. Which is one of your favorite quotes, and why does it resonate with you?
“Whatever you are physically, male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy–all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior.” -Jem from Cassandra Clare’s Clockwork Angel
There is so much in this quote that I love! I truly believe that it doesn’t matter what we identify as, male or female. It doesn’t matter what our sexual orientations are, what the color of our skin is or where we are from. While these things do contribute to who we are as a person, they do not define us. We are individuals, we are humans with feelings and experiences, we are friends, sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, aunts and uncles. We are heroes, saviors, supporters, innovators, creators, thinkers. We are so much more than what can see on the outside. As cliche as it sounds, it really is about the inside that counts. That is why this quote resonates so much with me. It’s a stand for harnessing our inner selves, for accepting that person and for ultimately letting them shine.
5. Someone tells you that they’re trying to get into reading, but they have no idea where to start. When you ask them their genre preferences, they’re clueless. Give them a recommendation for: a fantasy, a contemporary, a non-fiction, a classic and a genre of your choice.
Fantasy: I’d tell them to start where it all began…Narnia. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Contemporary: I haven’t read it yet but the rec’s are stellar for it. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Non-fiction: I don’t even know what this genre is…. Just kidding. But seriously, I really have no clue what to rec!
Classic: My first step into sci-fi. The Time Machine by H.G Wells
Dystopian: The prose is too beautiful not to fall in love. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
6. There’s a zombie apocalypse and zombies are approaching your house. You have to leave as soon as possible, and you can only take one book with you. Which book do you take?
I don’t own most of the books I read because I borrow from the library 80% of the time. If I could only take one though, it would be one of my daughter’s favorites, “The Pout Pout Fish”. I mean, yeah it’s the zombie apocalypse and all, but she’ll need something to cope with all the crazy right? So I’d be sure to bring her a book to help her escape the chaos for a little bit, and I’m sure once he’s old enough, her little brother will find it just as funny as she does. If the world is full of zombies, I’m thinking we’re gonna need some laughs.
7. If you could redesign one book cover, which would it be, and what would you change?
I’d redo Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. I would want the cover to be darker I guess, something more similar to Dark Triumph. I’m not a fan of the red dress on Ismae, I guess. She just seemed too modest for that. IDK.
8. Pick one of your favorite books, one that hasn’t yet been made into a movie. Tell us your dream fan-cast.
So I’d pick the Infernal Devices series as a whole to make a TV show out of, but like a really good one. I’m a little skeptical on the whole Shadowhunters series. I want it to be good, but that trailer didn’t really restore my confidence.
Anyway, I could only think up my dream team for the main leads.
For Jem, it would have to be Godrey Gao. Yeah I know he did Magnus before, but seriously he’s a super talented actor and would play Jem beautifully.
For Will, I had originally pegged Douglas Booth, but then I thought, what about Colton Haynes? In the end, I’m picking Haynes. Dye his hair black and he’s perfect, I mean, come on, look at his eyes.
We’d need a heavy hitting actress to pull off a strong Tessa. Hailee Steinfeld is gorgeous and absurdly talented, she’d pull off that old-timey timidness perfectly while still being the strong-willed Tessa we all love. Sort of an oxymoron but if you read the books you know what I’m talking about and am failing miserably at putting into words!
9. What was the most disappointing book of 2015 so far?
I really hate saying this, but to be honest I was disappointed with Zeroes. I really wanted to LOVE it. I think I hyped it up for myself more than anyone else possibly could have. But I just didn’t connect with all the characters. Except for Anon. I exclude Anon from this because he’s just perfection. Give me a book that’s just about him and I’m on board.
10. If you could have one fictional animal as a pet, what would it be?
I would say a dragon but I feel like that would be a little unwieldy considering how big they are. But a mini-dragon, like the minis from the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie. Yeah?!? You know what I’m talking about. Cute, tiny and just a little bit destructive. Sort of like my children. They’d get along great! Lol. 😛 Maybe I’d ask for two, one for each kid so there would be no fighting over the mini dragon. Okay, I’ll ask for three, because I totally do want one for myself. OMG, and then because the dragon will develop an affinity for book loving he’ll be a bookdragon!!! *If you read Cait’s IF I COVERTLY SNEAKED ACROSS THE GLOBE AND KIDNAPPED A BOOK GENIE, HERE IS WHAT I’D WISH FOR then you know what’s up! *
I am horrible at coming up with questions, like I’m not even kidding, I’m abismal at it. So I am stealing all of mine from four amazing and much more creative people than me, Aimal (obviously), Jesse @ Books at Dawn, Erika @ Erika In Bookadventureland and CW @ Read, Think, Ponder. Go check them all out because they are awesome!
1.What are some of the common tropes in these books that you are tired of seeing? What are some that you absolutely will never get tired of seeing?
2.There is a new law coming into effect. It bans (insert genre here) genre from ever being read/written again. Which genre would you choose?
3. Books have some of the most wonderful quotes among them. Which is one of your favorite quotes, and why does it resonate with you?
4. What is a book you had such high hopes for but ultimately disappointed you?
5. Your favorite author is going to call you for a once in a lifetime chance to talk. You can only ask them one question. Who is the author and what is the question? Why?
6. Pick one of your favorite books, and construct a playlist for it. Try to choose between 5-8 songs that fit the theme and tone of this book.
7. What book/series do you believe is highly overrated?Underrated?
8. What is a theme/motif that you love reading about?
9. Pick three characters from your favorite book and play the F*ck, Marry, Kill game.
10. If you could have one fictional animal as a pet, what would it be?
I’m going to be following Aimal’s lead here and nominate some of my recent follows! 🙂 I love the idea that Aimal had and she’s totally right, it’s an opportunity to get to know you all better and interact. If you don’t get a chance to do it, no worries, but if you do let me know! 🙂
- Trisha Ann @ The Bookgasm
- Audrey @ Forwards and Bookwords
- Beverly @ In The Shadow of The Words – A Writer’s Journey
- Michelle @ Books and Movies Addict
- Aneta @ Aneta Quinn
- Nya @ Nya Reads
- Transhaan @ Bookidote
- Giselle @ Hardwork Boulevard
- Kelsey @ Don’t Shush Me
- Anna @ My Bookish Dream
*Also, don’t feel obligated to do the tag if you don’t want to. Just know that I thought of you!*