My TBR is massive. I know. Every bookworm says this. But I am partially* dedicated to reading every book on that list. Because of this lofty goal, I spend the majority of my free time** reading. Logically, that means I don’t get to watch a ton of movies.
But who needs movies when your life is practically one, right?*** (Or is this just me? I think my perspective on life has changed significantly since having children. You see, even a trip to the grocery store has the potential to become a catastrophic event Griswolds style. Don’t know what I’m talking about? Look it up, those movies are basically my life wrapped up in a hour and a half.)
In all seriousness though, I totally could watch more movies if I really wanted to. But family tends to be more important. Next on the priority list is writing, and then after that comes my love for books. In that order y’all, lol 😉
*Only partially, because saying that I am fully committed to such a task would prove to you here and now that I am officially nuts.
Which I probably am.
** Freetime? What’s that? (Just kidding…sort of)
*** If you have children of any age, you know what I am talking about. If not, the many joys of parenting may one day be revealed to you and you’ll finally know
what all us parents are complaining about, why we are the happiest people on this planet (That sounded sarcastic, I do realize this, but being a parent is it’s own circus, and who doesn’t love the circus?!?!)
This Week’s Prompt: Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I’m Looking Forward To or Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I Still Need To Watch
Adaptations I Will Probably Never Watch, But I Keep Telling Myself that I Will When they’re on Netfilx
- Paper Towns- because TFioS was so sad but beautiful and I’m convinced nothing that anything John Green is involved with could ever possibly go wrong
- Me, Earl and the Dying Girl- the reviews are mixed so I’m intrigued
- If I Stay- the premise is fascinating and I cried like a little baby during the trailer….I haven’t read the book though, not sure if I should?
- Gone Girl- also haven’t read the book and I’m going to be real honest here, I’m not a huge Afleck fan, so I’m not sure about this one, but the ravers of the book and movie are heard loud and clear across the globe!
Adaptations I’ll Try Really Hard to Watch Because Reading the Book Just Isn’t Ever Enough
- Allegiant Part 1 (March 18th, 2016)- I’m a sucker and am going to continue until the end
- Legend (no release date)- why is there still no release date? IMDB says it’s slotted for 2016 though
- The Selection (no release date)- this was circulating in the rumor mill as being adapted soon
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (November 18th, 2016)- because J.K. Rowling can also do no wrong in my eyes. She is the Queen in my eyes, and always will be
- Ready Player One (December 15, 2017)- back in the day, I used to play lots of video games, so the premise is cool to the gamergirl residing deep within me
- Shatter Me (TV Show Fall of 2016)-omgicantevenimgoingtodie…. yeah so I really want this to be super good because I’m obsessed
- An Ember in the Ashes (rights were sold)- sold rights doesn’t mean anything really, but OMG I really NEED this.
- Red Queen (rights were sold)- I don’t need to reiterate what is obvious, they can take their time to adapt this because if it’s not done well, then a small part of me will die
- The Silver Chair (supposedly scheduled for 2016 according to IMDB, though unlikely at this point)- I attribute my love for fantasy to the man himself, C.S. Lewis. I also really enjoyed the BBC TV Series adaptations as a kid (one of my teachers played them in class) and I did love the new reboots. Like most series turned to movies, I stick it out to the end no matter what
- Shadow and Bone (rights were purchased a long time ago)- it’s annoying how long this one has been on the back burner. I can’t imagine reading this book that long ago, and then getting the news that it was going to be adapted only to continue WAITING. I need this to happen though because, well.. Darkling…
What adaptations have you seen that had you saying “this is the best movie ever”? Which movies are in production right now and are making you freak out because you want to be first in line on opening night? Also, sort of rando, but do you have Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime? Can you tell me what movies are currently available to watch that you’re totally in love with right now? What about shows for marathoning purposes? My husband and I are watching Supernatural and
omfgthisshowisthebesteverwhydidntieverwatchthisbefore we’re really enjoying it.