I want to thank Zezee for this nomination! I am so flattered to be nominated for this award.
Now, you may be wondering: “What does this award mean to you?”
Well, before we get into the details of the award, I’d like to take a moment to talk about blog awards and why I think they are important.
Blog awards mean:
(1) Someone is thinking of you, which is honestly just lovely.
(2) Someone appreciates what you do, and we all could use a little bit of encouragement, don’t you think?
(3) Someone thinks you deserve some recognition. *Celebrate!*
Blog awards are important because:
(1) It’s a chance to meet other people through the original poster’s taglist.
(2) It’s an opportunity to spread to love to people who you think deserve some recognition as well.
If you are genuine in your award nominations, which I think you always should be, then I think awards definitely have the power to be more than just a blog hop or linky. It’s a chance to connect and engage with your audience in a meaningful way. At least, that’s why this award means so much to me. ^.^
Now, on to the award!
- Link to the blogger who took the time to nominate you.
- List seven random things about yourself.
- Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers.
- Notify the amazing people that you nominated for the award.
Seven Random Things About Me
- I’m a Virgo. I like things very orderly. However, I can be such a walking contradiction with this because sometimes I feel like my home is a land of squalor and filth because of how much I neglect to tidy up. (It’s probably not that bad. *reassuringly pats self on head*).
- I talk with my hands. A lot. So much so that I recommend people not to stand too close because they might get inadvertently thwapped in the face, in the gut, or in the you-know-where by an errant hand or elbow.
- This ties in with #2. I am a chronic over exaggerator and have a tendency to embellish stories all the time. Like, if I’m recounting my day to my husband, he’s grown accustomed to hearing things like “The horde ambushed me today. I almost died.” The translation for this in normal people language is, “Several students came into my office at the same time and I was very busy today.”
- I’m plus-size. I don’t know why I feel terrified to admit that. As if I’m scared the Gods of Fitness will descend upon me with their scrutiny or something? But for whatever reason, I feel like I should say it. I’m sure you can tell from my profile pic that I’m not at all fitness fiend and, in a weird way, I feel better about admitting that I don’t prioritize fitness as much as I’d like to. I don’t know, I guess I’d just rather not hide that. There’s something liberating about just putting this out there. *shrugs*
- I have two kids. I think everyone who follows me has gathered this by now. But if not, here it is: I’m a mom. I had my 4-year-old when I was in college and the 18 month old, well, 18 months ago, lol ^.^ (Wow, I’m a nerd.)
- Will this even matter to you? I don’t think so, but I’m gonna say it anyway though. I’m 25. A whole quarter, guys. My dad just turned 55 and it made me suddenly very aware of my age. In like a good way though, because, I love my dad. He’s like really cool and we’re more alike than I ever really gave him credit for growing up. I now know where I get my stubbornness and my do-it-yourself attitude from.
- Another random stat, because I’m running out of ideas here. I’m 5’7”. I always wanted to be super tall like Nicole Kidman and because I had such intense vertical goals, I refused to drink any caffeine until I was in the IB diploma program in high school and realized I couldn’t survive without coffee. My sister-in-law, who is my husband’s little sister (just to provide some context) is a Freshman in college and she’s this statuesque beauty of 5’10”. I totally envy her for it (not in a bad way though, I love her, she knows this), and I’m actually basing a character in my book off her build because she’s totally badass material.
I couldn’t limit this to just seven nominees. There are simply too many bloggers I know that I think deserve this nomination. With that being said, my nominees for The Beautiful Blogger Award are:
Annelisa @ Script Alchemy
Beverly @ In The Shadow of The Words – A Writer’s Journey
Bree @ Live. Learn. Write.
CW @ Read, Think, Ponder
Jenna @ Reading with Jenna
Jesse @ Books at Dawn
Julia @ Julia Grantham
Julie @ J. H. Books Blog
Kevin @ Kevin Ansbro
Melanie @ Melanie Noell Bernard
Trisha Ann @ The Bookgasm
*Don’t feel obligated to do a post for this award if you don’t want to, or ignore if you’ve already done it.*
What is one totally random thing about you!? Share it with me, so I feel less rando today! ^.^