- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 other Bloggers and set questions for them.
Thank you so much for this award and for thinking of me when selecting your nominations, it really means a lot to me!
If you haven’t checked out the three bloggers I’ve mentioned above, do so!! They’re fabulous!! ^.^
A Little Randomness About Me
- DREAMWEAVER is my first manuscript and I’m almost done with rewrites of this draft. (I’m soo excited about this!!)
- I write poetry but don’t share it (TBH I’m actually sort of afraid to)
- I was raised in a military family and got to travel/live all over the world, including Okinawa and Honduras
- I’m currently trying my hand at bookish photography and appreciate any/all tips and tricks if you have them!
- Before my iPhone, I didn’t understand everyone’s attachment to their phone…now I do….lol
- Audiobooks from the library are the best thing since sliced bread! (I know that’s not a fact about me but I recently discovered that I could knock off some books on my TBR by listening to them!)
- Every now and then, I get wistful and nostalgic and break out all the old love letters that I sent to my husband when we were dating in college
- I like crafts and enjoy hand painting gifts for friends and family. It also stresses me out though because I want what I’m painting to be perfect, which sort of defeats the purpose of hand-painted. Lol. ^.^
- I recently started a Bullet Journal and it’s changing my entire life!! Look it up. Start one.
- I watch football with my husband to make him happy and because I enjoy watching big beefy men hit each other.
(There is something wrong with me.)I don’t understand what’s going on half of the time and I rely on Kevin to fill me in. It’s a good thing he can talk football all day.
- Speaking of football, the only team I actually care about is that of my alma matter, the USC Trojans. If you don’t have a team to root for yourself, I’d consider it a personal favor if you sent out some good vibes to my boys on Dec 30 as they go up against the Wisconsin Badgers in the Holiday Bowl. ^.^
Poppy’s and Michelle’s Questions
1. Where is your favourite place to read?
I don’t really have one favorite but many. The red recliner, the white sofa, the floor in the kids playroom while I serve as a mountain separating the kids from some foreign land which the munchkins are forced to scale over… If I’m listening to an audiobook then the car, the walk to my office from my car or the kitchen as I cook. I kid you not, if there is a way to read, I will find it and do it…
2. What is your favourite quote from a book close to heart?
The above quote from Red Rising by Pierce Brown. When Darrow said this my heart just melted.
3. List some books that you’ve read more than once.
The Great Gatsby is the only book I’ve reread.
4. What is your favourite season and why?
5. What was the most memorable book that you read during your childhood?
Hands down, Wild Magic my Tamora Pierce.
6. What else do you enjoy (when you’ve torn yourselves away from your bookshelves!)?
7. Busy Library – or quiet riverside?
Library. I’d live in one if I could.
8. What is the best gift that you’ve ever received?
My children. Though their humans so I don’t know if you can say I received them so much as gave them life, lol. In terms of things inanimate, I’d pick my Kindle. (Of course it would be something bookish). ^.^
9. Where is the most unusual place that you’ve ever dipped into a book at?
Inside my aerial yoga hammock. I was inverted. (Lol, Top Gun anyone?)
10. A stroll on the beach – or a ramble through the woodland?
Ahhh….I pick the beach!! So peaceful.
11. Who is the most heroic character you have come across whilst reading?
1. Name an author who you will always auto buy from. Even if the book is blank.
Pierce Brown. Definitely.
2. What author will you never read from again? Why?
Hmmm….I haven’t run into one that I feel this strongly against yet….
3. What is your fondest childhood memory?
Playing in the big tree in front of my house in Japan. I’d spend hours out there after school pretending I was Pocahontas.
4. It’s almost Christmas. What book do you want to receive as a present?
There are so many!! But if I could only pick one, I’d choose Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.
5. What are you most afraid of?
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?
Is it too much if I say I see myself published in 5 to 10 years and working on writing books full time? It’s my biggest dream so that’s what I hope to be doing by then.
7. What is the last movie you have seen in theaters?
Mockingjay pt. 2 and it was awesome!
8. What book would you like to see as a movie?
The Raven Boys. *read in Will Patton’s voice*
9. Which book do you regret buying?
None at the moment. I usually borrow.
10. What do you waste your time on when you know you should be doing something else?
HA! Pinterest. Definitely. It’s like a black hole for me. All the inspiration stuff I find for my manuscript. I have to ban myself from it and only go back in short bursts when I absolutely have to see something from one of my boards, then I back away…very very slowly… lol.
11. Which one of your 5 senses can you live without: sight, smell, touch, hearing, taste? Why?
Jesse!! This one is absurdly hard. As much as I love food, I’m going to have to go with taste. Just the thought of giving up music is too awful to fathom! I wouldn’t be able to listen to the brilliance of Halsey! ^.^
Because I’m nominating some amazing writers, I’m going to focus my questions on some writerly things. Of course, being me, I can’t help but throw a few bookish things in here too. ^.^
1. Who is your favorite hero/heroine? (Books, movies, comics, lore, whatever)
2. Best book read in 2015?
3. If you could see any movie again like it was the first time, what would you go see?
4. Tea or coffee?
5. Describe your ideal writing day.
6. Is your writing space a knolling heaven or a little bit messy?
7. Are you a plotter or a pantser?
8. Word? Scrivener? Typewriter (lol)? What do you use to write?
9. Do you have a favorite writing quote? What is it?
10. If only one person in the world read what you wrote, who would you pick?
11. What is one New Year’s resolution you have for 2016?
The wonderfully talented writers I would like to nominate for the Infinity Dreams Award are:
Annelisa @ Script Alchemy
Beverly @ In The Shadow of The Words – A Writer’s Journey
Bree @ Live. Learn. Write.
J.L. Gribble @ J.L. Gribble
John S Les @ Where Did Our Love Go?
Julia @ Julia Grantham Julie @ J. H. Books Blog
Kevin @ Kevin Ansbro
Lynanne @ Daybreak In Autumn
Melanie @ Melanie Noell Bernard
Sarina @ Cookie Break
I’ve already said this, but I want to say this again because each person listed above is truly incredible. Their writing is so wonderful and they are also so ridiculously creative. I encourage you to follow them! I love blogging because of the community of people I’ve met and I feel so blessed and lucky to have met this group of amazing people.
*Nominees: Please don’t feel obligated to do a post for the award, just know that I was thinking of you and that I think you deserve some recognition for all that you do!*
Tomorrow is Christmas! Isn’t that exciting!?!? I feel like a child again!
Do you do the cookie thing still, set them out for Santa to eat? I think I’m going to do it and see what my 4-year-old thinks in the morning when she sees the half eaten cookies! ^.^ What Christmas traditions do you have?