Honestly, I was afraid to pick up the book that I knew would end one of the most epic trilogies I’ve ever read. Because the truth is I was afraid of a let down. I was afraid that after this massive build up, “Ignite Me” somehow wouldn’t live up to everything that I wanted it to.
Because let’s be real here, I adored, no, I LOVED, the first two books in the “Shatter Me” Series. And every part of me wanted this book to rip my heart up into tiny irreparable shards. That and I was afraid that Ignite Me would be EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED, and I’d just never ever be the same again as a person, a reader or as a writer.
And I was right. I’m not the same. I’m sooo much better!!!
This book was LIFE. For two days I binged this. Literally only coming out of my reading hovel for long enough to eat sustenance and then quickly return to my den like an anxious pack rat.
I LIVED AND BREATHED this book until I finished it. It was just that amazing and full of everything that I could have asked for.
This book unraveled me. It shattered me. It destroyed me. It ignited me. (Yes, all the puns are absolutely 100% intended.) I could jump onto tables and shout on top of mountains that Tahereh Mafi is a storytelling genius and even in doing those things none of them would ever be enough to thank her for this story or this series.
Juliette is my spirit animal. She grew so much throughout the series that there was just no way I couldn’t identify with her in some way. At the start of book 1, Jules is so unsure of herself. By the end of book 3 she’s so empowered and it’s amazing to witness because that transformation is just so important, it’s so surreal to have been on that journey with her from beginning to end.
Rather than list all the things I love about this book, because I could go on and on about the transparency, the realness of the characters, the rawness of emotion, the lyrical writing, the fact that the romance is ridiculously addictive and one of my favorites ever…I’m going to share with you my non-spoilery real-time reactions to “Ignite Me”. I hope you’ll pick up the series so you can join me in my raving nest of happiness over this book and the series as a whole!
- No way!?! This suddenly just became absurdly sad. I totally did not expect that. 😭
- And the punches keep on coming. He’s dead!?! That’s awful. I know I hated the guy but, now, I feel like really really bad. Like, I don’t wish death on people…Okay, maybe SOME people. But still! The sadness just keeps on coming.
- I’m getting a heavy Tristan and Nix vibe right now…which I’m not gonna lie, I’m rather enjoying considering the fact that Tris and N are my own characters…😂
- Right about now, pretty glad that I wrote my own book before reading this. #Dreamweaver 😆
- Ugh, the hopeless romantic in me is feeling frustrated. 😈
- Good intentions blah blah blah…. No one cares.
- Okay, but seriously, just knock on the door. Just do it. If you don’t, I will. Because someone should and regardless of whether or not you’re unsure about the attraction here, I’m freaking sure about it. JUST KNOCK ON THE DAMN DOOOOOORRR!!!!
- I was pretty sure I had bones in my body before reading this. But now I’m a puddle on the floor. *swoon* 🙈😆
- 😂 OMG, he’s hilarious. Every time this guy speaks I like him more. It’s killing me that she’s so insecure about her feelings for him. But I mean, I get it, he’s a bit off his rocker sometimes, not like in the bad way, he’s just super honest and she doesn’t really know what to do with that.
- Just sayin’, quite literally every time this guys smiles I melt. I’m such a ridiculous fangirl. 😂
- “Do you never get exhausted being so wholly unbearable?” 😂😂😂😂 I’m dying. YAS!! Someone has finally told this person to just STFU and I’m all round of applausey! 👏
- Once again, my favorite wins mega points for letting my girl handle her shit because he knows she’s a big girl and she can take care of herself. Why? Because she don’ need nobody!! Lol. Unlike loser boy who thinks Jules needs to be coddled. Barf.
“I like the way I feel about myself when I’m with him. [He] thinks I’m strong and smart and capable and he actually values my opinion. He makes me feel like his equal-like I can accomplish just as much as he can, and more. And if I do something incredible, he’s not even surprised. He expects it.”
Favorite line ever. This right here is #relationshipgoals. 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
- That…that hurt my heart. It was so sudden. I almost started to cry. How can you suddenly hate someone so much? Because that’s how I feel right now. This feels like the worst kind of betrayal.
- You know what? No. I don’t care. Apologies need to be made. Still not okay over here.
- OMG. So much beauty here. These words contain so much pain and so much beauty. My heart can’t even.
- Atta girl!! You go be a badass bitch Jules! You go and be you and tear this mutha** down!!!! 😈
- I’m so done. She said it and I just crumbled into a million pieces.
- It’s official. I will never be the same. That was everything.
- This is why I didn’t want to read this book. Because I knew it would ruin me forever. I knew I’d fall in love and never ever be able to wipe away this feeling in my heart.
- Why?!? Why do I do this to myself!?!
- It’s books and characters and love like this that makes me question whether or not I can write a love like this. And I just don’t know. I don’t even freaking know if I can, if I want to even try…. because oh god just the beauty. 😭
Add to Goodreads
Have you read the Shatter Me series?!? OMG, talk to me if you have!! Blow up my comment feed, we MUST DISCUSS!!!!
If you haven’t read the series, what are you waiting for!?! (Lol, just kidding, sort of.)